In this post, you’ll see how to change the theme on WhatsApp.
I use the app (iPhone and Android phone), Desktop, and Web. Let’s start.
Table of Contents
- Change WhatsApp Theme on Android Device
- Change WhatsApp Theme on iPhone
- Change Theme on WhatsApp Web
- How to Change Theme on WhatsApp Desktop
Change WhatsApp Theme on Android Device
Here’s how you can change the WhatsApp theme:
- Open the WhatsApp Messenger app.
- Tap three vertical dots at the top right.
- Select Settings > Chats.
- Tap “Theme” under the Display section, and you can now see these three options:
- System default – This applies Android’s dark mode state to WhatsApp. For instance, if your Android device is in dark mode, WhatsApp will also be in the dark theme.
- Light – To remove dark mode on WhatsApp.
- Dark – Enable the dark theme.
- Choose the one you prefer. Tap OK, and that’s it.
Change WhatsApp Theme on iPhone
WhatsApp is on a dark theme if the iPhone is in dark mode. Otherwise, WhatsApp will also not be in the dark.
Depending on your wish, turn on or off iPhone dark mode, and the change will reflect on WhatsApp.
Here’s how to turn on or off dark mode on your iPhone:
Open Settings. Hit Display & Brightness.
Choose Light (to turn off) or Dark (to turn on) under Appearance.
Note: If you want the dark mode enabled or disabled only for a certain period, choose Automatic. You can set the time to your liking.
Change Theme on WhatsApp Web
Here are the steps:
Open WhatsApp Web and click on three vertical dots on the top left sidebar.
Select “Theme,” and you can now see these three options in the popup:
- Light – To disable dark mode on WhatsApp Web.
- Dark – To enable dark mode on WhatsApp Web.
- System default – Apply the system’s dark mode state to WhatsApp Web. For instance, if your system isn’t in dark mode, the Web is also not in the dark theme.
Pick the one you prefer and click the OK button.
How to Change Theme on WhatsApp Desktop
Open the WhatsApp Desktop app.
Hit the three horizontal dots in the left sidebar and select Settings.
You can see the “App color theme” drop-down list in the Display section in the popup.
Open it, and you can see these three options:
- System default – Apply the system’s dark mode state to the Desktop app. For instance, if your system isn’t in dark mode, the app is also not in the dark theme.
- Light – To disable dark mode on WhatsApp Desktop.
- Dark – To put dark mode on the Desktop app.
Click on Ok to restart the app.
Thanks for reading.