What is ClickLock?
It is a feature that lets you select or move items without holding down the mouse button. It is disabled by default in Windows 11.
How to Turn Off ClickLock in Windows 11
To disable mouse ClickLock, follow these steps:
- Open the Run by pressing the keyboard shortcut Windows + R, type main.cpl, and then hit the OK button.
- You can see the “Mouse Properties” popup.
- Deactivate “Turn on ClickLock,” and click “OK.”
How to Turn On ClickLock in Windows 11
If you don’t want to hold down the mouse button while highlighting or dragging items, enable the ClickLock feature.
Follow these steps to activate mouse ClickLock:
- Open the “Mouse Properties” popup window (Here’s how: Open the Run by pressing Windows + R, type main.cpl, and hit the OK button).
- Select the “Turn on ClickLock” option.
- The “Settings” button will now be activated. Click on it.
- Set the duration according to your preference. Remember that only after this period, ClickLock will be active.
- Hit the “OK” button and click the “OK” button.
How to Use ClickLock
To highlight or drag items without holding down the mouse button, follow these steps:
Locate the items you want to highlight or drag.
To highlight, follow these steps:
Press the mouse button for a few seconds (or for the duration you set) beside the items you want to highlight.
Let go of the hold and then highlight the items. To finish highlighting, click the mouse button.
Note: You can also use the steps above to highlight the text.
To drag, follow these steps:
You must hold down the mouse button on the highlighted items for a few seconds (or for your set duration).
Drag the items after releasing the hold. When you click on the location you want, the items will be dropped there.
You can also follow these steps to change the ClickLock duration:
Start Registry Editor. Before proceeding, I suggest you back up the Registry.
Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop.
Double-click ClickLockTime in the right pane and select Decimal.
In the Value data field, enter any value between 200 and 2200. Remember that these are milliseconds.
Click the OK button. Sign out and then sign back in.
I hope this guide, “How to Turn On or Off ClickLock in Windows 11,” is helpful to you.
Thanks for reading.