You’ll see how to copy and paste a message on WhatsApp in this post.
Here are a couple of essential points to note:
- The below steps work for contact and group chats.
- You can only copy the text on WhatsApp Web and Android. On the iPhone, however, you can copy text and media.
I use Windows 11 PC, iPhone X, and Pixel 4a (Android 12). Let’s start.
How to Copy and Paste Message on WhatsApp (Android Phone or iPhone)
Here are the steps:
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Tap the chat on which you wish to copy the text.
- Long press the message. You can select multiple messages if you’re on Android.
- If you’re on an iPhone, hit the Copy option. If you’re using Android, hit the Copy icon at the top if you’ve selected multiple messages. Otherwise, tap three vertical dots on the top right and select the Copy option.
- You copied the message to the clipboard of your mobile device.
- Each message will have a timestamp if you copy over one message. If you don’t want a timestamp with the duplicated message, copy each message one by one.
- You can’t copy multiple messages at once on WhatsApp for iPhone.
You can paste it into WhatsApp or any other app by long-pressing its text field. Select Paste.
Copy and Paste Message on WhatsApp Web
Open a WhatsApp conversation and select a message. Press Ctrl + C.
That’s it. Paste the copied text into the text field of WhatsApp or any app you want by right-clicking on it. Hit the Paste option from the context menu.
I hope this guide, “How to Copy and Paste on WhatsApp (Android, iPhone, and Web),” is helpful to you.
Thanks for reading.