In this post, you’ll see how to favorite friends and pages you liked or followed and how to edit and delete favorites.
You’ll also see the steps to sort the group post by most recent.
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you proceed:
- You can favorite friends and pages and not groups.
- The number of favorites you can have is 30. To add a new one after reaching the maximum number, remove someone from the Favorites.
- If you add or remove a friend or page from Favorites, no notification will be sent to them.
- Favoriting a friend or page will make their posts appear higher in the “Home.” Also, you’ll see the most recent posts first.
Favorite a Friend or Page on Facebook
Sign in to your Facebook account and hit your profile picture at the top right.
Select Settings & privacy > Feed.
In the pop-up, hit “Favorites.”
You can see the friends and pages you liked or followed, and the “Blue” star shows your favorites.
Hit the “Star” icon, and that’s it.
You can use the search box to find the one you want quickly. There is also a filter available that you can use.
The filter options are:
- All – Show you all. This is the default one.
- Friends Only – Show you only friends.
- Pages Only – Show you only pages.
- Favorites Only – Show your favorites only.
To remove a favorite, click its “Star” icon.
If you want to see the posts from your favorites only, hit the “Home” tab if you’re not in it already and hit “Favorites” from the left sidebar. If you can’t see the latter, hit “See more” to see it.
Android or iPhone
Open the Facebook app. In the “Home,” find the post of the page or friend you want.
Hit the three horizontal dots in the post top right. Hit “Add X to Favorites.” X is the name of a friend or page.
You can perform this task from the search results as well. Search for them and tap the three horizontal dots in their post. Hit the above option.
You can also do this from the page or a friend’s timeline. The steps are like the above. Remember that this one is only for Facebook for iPhone.
Beneath, you can find another method to add a friend or page to Favorites.
View Favorites on Facebook
In the Facebook app, hit “Menu.” Go to Settings & Privacy > Settings > Profile settings.
In the “Feed Settings” section, select “News Feed.”
Hit “Favorites.” You can see your favorites and Facebook’s favorite suggestions based on your activity.
The “Friends” tab only shows friends, and the “Pages” tab only shows pages. Add the one you want to your Favorites by tapping the “Add” button.
You’ll only see posts from your favorites on the “Favorites” screen by hitting the “View Posts from Favorites” button.
Here are the alternate methods to view posts only from the favorites on the FB app:
- Search for favorites and you’ll see “Favorites.” Hit it.
- Tap “Menu” and hit “Feeds.” Hit the “Favorites” tab.
Delete Favorites on Facebook
Search for the favorites and hit “Favorites” in the search results and hit “Manage Favorites” or follow the above steps to view your favorites.
Tap the three horizontal dots beside the favorite you like to remove. Hit “Remove From Favorites.”
Sort Facebook Group Posts by Most Recent
The most relevant posts appear at the top by default. Follow these steps to see the posts in chronological order on PC, Android, and iPhone.
In Facebook, select “Groups” from the left sidebar. Click on the group name.
You can find a drop-down list before the first post. You’ll see three options when you open it:
- Most relevant – Display the most relevant posts first. If there is none, you’ll see posts with recent activity first.
- Newest activity – Displays posts with recent comments first.
- New posts – This shows the most recent posts first.
Choose the latter option.
Android or iPhone
In the Facebook app, hit the “Menu.” Hit “Groups.” If you can’t see it, hit the “See More” button to see it.
Hit “Your groups,” find the group you’re a member of, and hit it.
Hit the “Sort” next to “Most Relevant.” Choose the latter.