In this post, you’ll see:
- How to Hide Likes in Your Own Instagram Posts
- How to Hide Likes and Views in Others Posts
I am using Android and iPhone in this case. Let’s begin.
How to Hide Likes on Your Posts
You can hide the like count for your new or existing posts. The steps are as follows:
For a New Post
Hit on “Advanced Settings” when creating a new post. You can find it on the last page.
Turn on “Hide Like and View Counts on This Post.” Instagram will now hide your likes, and view counts for that individual post.
- You can’t set “hiding” as the default for all new Instagram posts.
- As you’ll see in the next Existing Post section, you can unhide the likes and view counts at any time.
For an Existing Post
Go to your profile.
Locate and tap the desired post.
On an iPhone, tap the three horizontal dots at the top right. Hit the three vertical dots in its top-right if you use an Android device.
Hit Hide Like Count.
- Remember that you can still see the like count of your post.
- Follow the steps above to unhide the like count, and you’ll see the “Unhide Like Count” option. Hit it.
So that’s it.
How to Hide Likes and Views in Others Posts
You can hide the likes and view count for others posts. The steps are as follows:
Open the Instagram app.
Tap your profile picture at the bottom.
Hit the three horizontal lines at the top right.
Then tap “Settings.”
Hit Privacy > Posts.
Enable “Hide Like and View Counts.”
Note that you can still see who liked the others posts. Here’s how: Under the post, you will see “Liked by X and others,” where X is the name. Hit it to see who liked the post.
By disabling the “Hide Like and View Counts,” you can view these counts at any time.
Here’s another critical thing to note:
Can You Hide Likes on Instagram Reels?
No. There is no option to do that.