In this post, you’ll see the steps to allow Messenger and Facebook to access your device microphone.
You’ll also view how to stop Facebook and Messenger from accessing the microphone.
I use an Android phone, iPhone, and Windows 11 PC. Let’s start.
Table of Contents
- Block or Allow Microphone Access to Facebook or Messenger (Android Device)
- Allow or Block Microphone Access to Messenger (iPhone)
- Allow or Stop Messenger Desktop from Accessing Microphone
Block or Allow Microphone Access to Facebook or Messenger (Android Device)
Here are the steps to block microphone access to FB or Messenger:
Open the Settings app. Hit Apps > See all X apps. X is a number.
Find and hit Facebook or Messenger as per your preference.
Tap Permissions and hit “Microphone.”
Select “Don’t allow.”
Here’s how to allow microphone access to FB or Messenger:
Hit “Microphone” (the steps are above).
Now you can see these three options:
1. Don’t allow: which you have seen above.
2. Ask every time: If you choose this option, the app will ask about microphone access each time you try to use a feature that requires the microphone.
You’ll see a popup with these three options:
- While using the app – you’ll see this below.
- Only this time – allow the app to access the microphone this time only.
- Don’t allow – which you’ve seen above.
Choose the one you prefer.
3. Allow only while using the app: The app will have access to the microphone only when you’re using it.
Pick the one you prefer from any of the above options.
Allow or Block Microphone Access to Messenger (iPhone)
Here are the steps to block microphone access:
- Open the Settings app and hit Messenger as per your wishes.
- Disable “Microphone,” and that’s it.
You can allow microphone access by turning on the “Microphone” mentioned above.
Note: In FB, you can’t do this task.
Allow or Stop Messenger Desktop from Accessing Microphone
Here are the steps to block:
Open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I.
Hit Privacy & security in the left sidebar.
Click on the “Microphone” in the App permissions section on the right.
Find Messenger and disable the toggle switch beside it.
To allow microphone access to the Messenger Desktop app, follow these steps:
Click on the “Microphone” (the steps are above).
Turn on the toggle switch beside “Microphone access” and “Let apps access your microphone” if they are not already.
Turn on the toggle switch beside “Messenger.”
Thanks for reading.