In this post, you’ll see the steps to enable and disable mouse keys and its keyboard shortcut.
You’ll also see the mouse keys shortcut keys. Here, I use Windows 11 PC. Let’s start.
How to Turn On or Off Mouse Keys
What is “mouse keys”? It is a feature using which you can control the mouse with the numeric keypad.
Follow these steps to enable or disable it on Windows 11:
- Launch the Settings app (Keyboard shortcut: Windows + I).
- Click on “Accessibility” on the left sidebar and select “Mouse” on the right.
- Activate (to enable) or deactivate (to disable) the toggle switch beside the “Mouse keys.”
If you enable the “Mouse keys,” you’ll configure the following options:
- Only use mouse keys when Num lock is on
- Show the mouse keys icon on the taskbar
The above two options are self-explanatory.
- Hold the Ctrl key to speed up and the Shift key to slow down
If you enable the above option, pressing the Ctrl key while moving the pointer increases its speed. And pressing the Shift button while moving the pointer decreases its rate.
Play with the “Mouse keys speed” and “Mouse keys acceleration” if you like. Remember, both options only apply when you use the mouse keys.
Here are the alternative ways to enable or disable mouse keys. Let’s see them.
Press left Alt, left Shift, and Num Lock simultaneously, and you’ll see the Mouse Keys popup.
If you click “Yes” on the popup, the mouse keys get activated. If you click “No,” it’ll be disabled.
Start Control Panel.
In the Category view, select Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center. Otherwise, click the “Ease of Access Center” link.
Click the “Make the mouse easier to use” link.
Enable (to turn on) or disable (to turn off) the “Turn on Mouse Keys” option. You can find it in the “Control the mouse with the keyboard” section.
Press the “OK” button below.
How to Turn On or Off Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcut
Here are the steps:
- Open the Run Command by pressing Windows + R. Type control and press the Enter key. You can now view the Control Panel.
- In the Category view, select Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center. Otherwise, click the “Ease of Access Center” link.
- Click on the “Make the mouse easier to use” link.
- Select the “Set up Mouse Keys” link in the “Control the mouse with the keyboard” section.
- Enable (to enable it) or disable (to disable it) the “Turn on Mouse Keys with left Alt + left Shift + Num Lock” option in the “Keyboard shortcut” section.
- Press the OK button below.
Note: If you disable this, you can’t use the first alternative method mentioned in this post for turning on and off mouse keys.
Mouse Keys Keyboard Shortcuts
These are the “mouse keys” keyboard shortcuts for Windows 11:
|9||Move upwards in the right direction.|
|7||Move upwards on the left path.|
|1||Move downwards in the left direction.|
|3||Move downwards in the right direction.|
|/||Select the left mouse button.|
|–||Select the right mouse button.|
|*||Select both mouse buttons.|
|5||If the left button is selected, pressing this key will do the left click. If the right mouse button is selected, pressing this key will right-click.|
|+||If the left mouse button is the active button, pressing this key will double-click.|
|0||Drag an item.|
|.||Drop an item.|
I hope this guide, “How to Turn On or Off Mouse Keys in Windows 11,” is helpful to you.
Thanks for reading.