In this post, you’ll see:
I use a Windows 11 PC. Let’s start.
Where to Find Notepad in Windows 11
Here, you’ll see different ways to open the Windows 11 Notepad app. You’ll also see the steps to always launch Notepad in a maximized state.
Let’s begin with the former.
Open Notepad using the Start Menu
Here are the steps to open Notepad on Windows 11:
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key or hitting the Start button in the taskbar.
- Type notepad.
- Click on the Notepad app in the search results.
Here’s the alternative way:
Click the “Start” button, and beneath the search box, see the “All apps” button.
Hit it and in the N section, select “Notepad.”
Start Notepad using Command
Press Windows + R to open the Run Command. Type notepad, and press the Enter key.
The above steps work on Windows 7, 8, and 10 too.
You can also use the above command in one of the following programs to launch the Windows 11 Notepad application.
- Task Manager (Click Run new task to use this command)
- File Explorer address bar
Open Windows 11 Notepad using File
This method only applies to you if you haven’t installed Notepad from Microsoft Store.
In C: > Windows > System32, you’ll find the notepad executable file and double-click it.
Note: You can also find Notepad executable file in this location – C: > Windows.
How to Make Notepad Always Open Maximized?
Right-click on the Notepad shortcut and hit Properties.
Navigate to the Shortcut tab and open the drop-down list next to “Run.”
You’ll see these options:
- Normal window – This opens the Notepad in size before closing it.
- Minimized – Opens Notepad in a minimized state.
- Maximized – Opens Notepad window in a maximized state.
Choose the latter option and click the OK button.
Install Notepad in Windows 11
You can install the Windows Notepad app from the Microsoft Store.
Alternatively, you can install the Microsoft Notepad app by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I. Click “Apps” on the left sidebar.
- Hit “Optional features” on the right.
- Click the “View features” button on the top right.
- Select “Notepad (system)” and click the “Next” button.
- Hit the Install button.
How to Uninstall the Notepad App Completely
If you’ve installed Notepad from the Microsoft Store, you can uninstall it as you usually uninstall the app from Windows 11.
Otherwise, follow these steps to uninstall Notepad:
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I.
- Hit “Apps” on the left sidebar.
- Click “Optional features” on the right.
- Hit “Notepad (system).”
- Click the Uninstall button.
How to Delete a Notepad File from Windows 11
Here are the steps:
- Open the Start menu.
- Enter the name of the Notepad file.
- Click on the file’s location in the search results, and you can find the file now.
- Select it and hit the “Trash can” icon on the top.
I hope this guide, “How to Install or Open Notepad in Windows 11,” is helpful to you.
Thanks for reading.