In this post, you’ll see the steps to pin and unpin WhatsApp chat (contact or group). Let’s start.
Pin Chat on WhatsApp
Open the WhatsApp Messenger app and ensure you’re in the “Chats” tab.
Swipe the conversion to the right.
Tap the “Pin” option, and that’s all.
To unpin a pinned WhatsApp conversation, swipe it to the right. Tap the “Unpin” option.
Open WhatsApp and long-press the chat. If you wish, you can select up to three conversations.
Tap the “Pin” icon at the top, and that’s it.
To unpin WhatsApp chats, select them. You’ll see the “Unpin.” Tap on it.
Web or Desktop
Open the WhatsApp Web or Desktop app.
If you’re on the Web, hover the mouse over the conversion on the left sidebar and click the “Down arrow.” If you’re using the Desktop, right-click on the conversation.
To unpin, follow the steps above. You can see the “Unpin chat” on the Web. On the Desktop, you can view “Unpin.” Click on it.
Here’s an alternative to pin or unpin on the Web: Click the contact or group chat you like and press Ctrl + Shift + Alt + P.
- WhatsApp shows chats in chronological order by default.
- WhatsApp’s pin chat feature lets you pin the chats you prefer.
- When you pin a conversation, it’ll appear at the top of the “Chats” tab, making finding it easier and quicker.
- You can pin up to three conversations (contact or group).
- A “Pin” symbol appears in each pinned chat.
- No one knows when you unpin or pin a chat, and the pinned chats are always at the top until unpinned.
- You can’t pin a message in the group or contact chat.
- You can’t pin or unpin multiple conversations at once on WhatsApp for iPhone, Web, and Desktop.