You can pin the following into Windows 10 Quick access:
- This PC
- Control Panel items (Note that not everyone has the option to pin. Also, remember that you must be in the “Large Icons” or “Small Icons” view to pin)
Here’s how you can do this:
Right-click on the item you want to pin to Quick access.
Select the “Pin to quick access” option from the context menu.
- To unpin, right-click the item you want to unpin and select “Unpin from Quick access” in the context menu.
- Remember that you can pin several things at the same time. The steps are the same as above.
- You can see the pinned items in the Quick access section “Frequent folders.”
- You can only see pinned items if you remove frequently used folders in Quick access.
Here are some other ways to pin:
Drag and drop the item you want to pin to the “Quick access” icon.
Or go to the item you want to pin and then right-click on the “Quick access” icon. In the context menu, you will see the option “Pin current folder to Quick access,” which you will find between “Collapse” and “Options.” Hit it.