The “Reply” feature lets you quote WhatsApp messages. In this post, you’ll see how to reply to a specific WhatsApp message.
Remember that you can tag while replying too. I use the app (Android phone and iPhone), Web, and Desktop. Let’s start.
Table of Contents
- Reply to a Specific Message on WhatsApp on Android Device
- How to Reply to a Specific WhatsApp Message (iPhone)
Reply to a Specific Message on WhatsApp on Android Device
Here’s how you can reply to a specific message on WhatsApp:
- Open the WhatsApp Messenger app.
- Tap the group or contact chat you prefer.
- Long-press the message you wish.
- Hit the Reply button beside the Star button on the top.
- Type the response and hit the Send button.
How to Reply to a Specific WhatsApp Message (iPhone)
Launch the WhatsApp Messenger app.
Open a contact or group chat you want and long-press the message you wish to quote.
Choose the “Reply” option from the menu. Please type in your response and hit the Send button.
- Here’s an alternate method: You can reply to a particular message by swiping it to the right. The rest are the same as above.
- The message can be yours or someone else’s. Remember not only text, but you can also quote media.
- How to quote a part of a single WhatsApp message? There is no option for that.
- How to cancel the quoted message before sending it? Tap X in the quoted message preview.
- A tap on a quoted message will take you to the one you’ve quoted.
Quote a Specific Message on WhatsApp Web
Here are the steps:
Open the WhatsApp Web and the conversation you like. Find the message you want to quote.
Double-click on the right or left of the message. Please type your response and click on the Send button.
Here’s an alternate method:
Find the message you want to quote. It can be yours or someone else’s. Hover over it, and please click on the down arrow.
You can view “Reply.” Click on it. Please type your response and send it.
Reply to a Specific Message in Group or Contact Chat on WhatsApp Desktop
Open the WhatsApp Desktop app and the chat you want.
Hover over the message you would like to respond to. It can be yours or someone else’s.
Hit the Down arrow and select “Reply” above “Forward message.” Type your reply in the compose box and click on the Send icon.
Thanks for reading.