The “Reply” feature lets you quote Messenger messages. You’ll see how to reply to a specific Messenger message in this post.
I use the app (Android phone and iPhone), Messenger.com, Facebook, and Messenger app. Let’s start.
Reply to a Specific Message on Facebook Messenger (Android Device)
Here’s how you can reply to a specific message on Messenger:
- Open the Messenger app.
- Tap the group or profile chat you prefer.
- Long-press the message you wish.
- Hit the Reply on the bottom left.
- Type the response and hit the Send button.
How to Reply to a Specific Messenger Message (iPhone)
Launch the Facebook Messenger app.
Open the profile or group chat you want and long-press the message you wish to quote.
At the bottom, you can see these options: Reply, Forward, and Unsend (or More).
Choose the “Reply” option. Please type in your response and hit the Send button.
- Here’s an alternate method: You can reply to a particular message by swiping it to the right if it is the received message. If it is the send message, swipe it to the left. The rest are the same as above.
- The message can be yours or someone else’s. Remember not only text, but you can also quote media.
- How to quote a part of a single Messenger message? There is no option for that.
- How to cancel the quoted message before sending it? Tap X in the quoted message preview.
- A tap on a quoted message will take you to the one you’ve quoted.
Quote a Specific Message on Messenger.com, Messenger App, or Facebook
Here are the steps:
Open the Messenger app or log in to Messenger.com or Facebook on your computer.
If you’re using FB, hit Messenger in the left sidebar.
Click on the chat you want.
Find the message you want to quote. It can be yours or someone else’s. Hover over it.
You can view the “Reply” icon. Click on it. Please type your response and send it.
Here’s an alternate method (which applies to the Messenger app only):
Click on the conversation you like. Find the message you want to quote.
Double-click on the right of the message if it is received or left if it is the sent message.
Please type your response and click on the Send button.
Thanks for reading.