Note: Restart is also called Reboot.
Here are the steps to reboot an Android device manually:
Press and hold the power button until you see the power menu.
Tap the “Restart” option.
Alternatively, you can try these methods:
- You can shut down your Android device. Please turn it on, and that’s it.
- You can reboot Android using the ADB command (adb reboot) on your PC, but you’ll need to enable USB debugging on Android and install ADB drivers on your PC.
- You can use this command (reboot) on a rooted Android device to complete this task, but for this, you’ll need to install Terminal Emulator for Android app.
If your device doesn’t react at all, try this method. Remember that this method forces a reboot of your Android device.
For a device with a removable or non-removable battery
You must press certain hardware buttons on your Android device to do this task.
Since Android devices are different, no single key combination works for all devices.
So try the following key combinations and see what works for your Android smartphone:
- Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds.
- Press Power and Volume up or Volume down or both volume buttons and hold down for 10-15 seconds.
For a device with a removable battery
Remove the battery from the device. Please put it back and press the Power button until you see the boot animation.
Note: You can reboot your Android device automatically at a specific time using the AutomateIt app if the device is rooted.
Thanks for reading.