In this post, you’ll see where the audio files and voice notes of WhatsApp are stored on Android.
Also, you’ll see how to save WhatsApp audio files and voice messages.
I use the app (Android and iPhone), Web, and Desktop here. Let’s begin.
Table of Contents
- Where are WhatsApp Audio Files and Voice Notes Stored (Android)
- How to Save WhatsApp Audio and Voice Messages (Android or iPhone)
Where are WhatsApp Audio Files and Voice Notes Stored (Android)
If you’re using an Android phone, follow the below steps:
- Open the Files app.
- Make sure you are in the Browse tab of the app.
- In the Storage devices section, you can see Internal storage.
- Tap it and hit Android > media > com.whatsapp > WhatsApp > Media.
- Tap the WhatsApp Audio, where you can find all your audio files.
- Hit the WhatsApp Voice Notes, where you can find all your voice messages.
How to Save WhatsApp Audio and Voice Messages (Android or iPhone)
Using Files App (Android Only)
Here are the steps:
Go to the WhatsApp Audio folder if you want to save audio files. For voice messages, go to the WhatsApp Voice Notes folder. The steps are above to do this step.
For voice messages, tap the folder with your preferred one and select it. For audio files, long press the one you like.
Hit the three vertical dots at the top right and select “Copy to.”
Now choose your preferred location and tap Copy here.
Using Gmail App (Android or iPhone)
You can email the audio or voice note and download it from the email. Let’s see how.
Open the WhatsApp app and hit the chat you prefer.
Long press the one you want.
If you’re on Android, tap the three vertical dots at the top right and select Share.
If you’re on iPhone, tap Forward and hit the Share icon at the bottom.
Provide your email address in the To field and tap the Send icon.
Now open the Gmail app and the email you send to yourself.
If you’re on Android, tap the Download icon in the file, and that’s all. You’ll find it in the “Download” folder.
If you’re on iPhone, tap the file, hit the Share icon at the bottom, and select Save to Files. Choose the location you prefer, and tap Save at the top right.
Save to Files (iPhone)
Open the WhatsApp chat and long-press the voice message or audio file.
Tap Forward and select Share at the bottom.
Hit Save to Files option.
Choose the location and tap Save at the top right.
Export Chat (iPhone)
Open the WhatsApp chat and hit the name at the top.
Tap Attach Media and hit Save to Files option.
Choose the location and hit Save at the top right.
Now find the ZIP file in your chosen location and tap it.
You can see a folder with the contents of the ZIP file now. You can see all the conversation’s voice messages and audio files in that folder.
WhatsApp Web or Desktop (PC)
If you’re using WhatsApp Web or Desktop app, here are the steps:
- Open the Desktop app or WhatsApp Web and click on your preferred chat.
- Hover over the voice message or audio file you like to save.
- Select the Download option.
If you’re using the Web, that’s all. If you’re using Desktop, follow the below step:
- Choose the location, provide a file name if you want to change it, and hit the Save button.
Thanks for reading.