Let’s see how to do this task on an Android device and an iPhone. I use Google Pixel 4a (Android 12) and iPhone X.
Note: I suggest you ask permission from the person before sharing their contact information.
Share Contact on WhatsApp (Android)
If you’re using an Android phone, follow any of the following methods:
Here are the steps:
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Hit the contact you want from the Chats tab. If the contact you prefer is not there, hit the green icon at the bottom right of the Chats tab and hit your preferred contact now.
- Tap the name at the top or hit the three vertical dots on the top right and select “View contact.”
- Select the three vertical dots at the top right and hit Share.
- Select the contact or group chat you want to share this contact with on the “Send to” screen.
- Hit the Send icon on the bottom right.
Open the chat for which you wish to share the contact. If you don’t see your preferred conversation, hit the green icon at the bottom right of the Chats tab and hit your preferred contact now.
Tap the Paper clip icon in the compose box at the bottom.
You will see these options: Document, Camera, Gallery, Audio, Payment, Location, and Contact.
Choose “Contact” and choose the contact(s) you want to share with this chat.
Hit the Arrow icon at the bottom right.
On the Send contacts screen, deselect the phone numbers if you wish. Hit the Send icon, and that’s it.
Share a Contact on WhatsApp (iPhone)
If you’re using an iPhone, here are the steps:
Open the WhatsApp Messenger app.
Hit the contact chat you wish. If you don’t see it in the Chats tab, hit the icon at the top right and select the contact now.
Hit name at the top and select Share Contact above Export Chat.
Select the chats for which you want to share.
Hit Share at the bottom right and deselect phone numbers here if you wish.
Hit Share at the top right, and that’s all.
Here’s an alternate method:
Hit the contact or group chat you prefer, and hit the + icon at the bottom left.
Select “Contact” and choose the ones you prefer. Remember that you can share a maximum of 257 contacts.
Hit Done at the top right. Deselect the phone numbers if you want and hit Send at the top right.
I hope this guide, “How to Share a Contact on WhatsApp,” is helpful to you.
Thanks for reading.