How to Tag or Reply on Facebook Messenger
In this post, you’ll see the steps to tag someone or everyone on Facebook Messenger.
Also, you’ll see the steps to reply to a specific message on Messenger. Let’s begin.
Tag Someone or Everyone on Messenger
- Tagging is for group conversation and not for profile conversation.
- The people you’ve mentioned in the message will receive a notification.
- If they hit their name in this message, they’ll see this option: “View profile.” This one is for viewing their profile. This is the case for the Messenger app. On Messenger.com or Facebook, hitting it will take them to their profile.
- If they tap their name in this message, they’ll see these options on the Android device: “Send message” (for sending the message) and “View profile” (for viewing some details in the profile and the button to view the Facebook profile).
- On iPhone, they’ll see “View Facebook Profile,” which is for viewing the profile.
The below steps apply to Android, iPhone, Messenger.com, Messenger Desktop, and FB.
Open the Facebook Messenger app and ensure you’re in the “Chats” tab, or open the Messenger app on your PC or sign in to Messenger.com or Facebook.
If you’re using FB, hit “Messenger” on the left sidebar.
Hit your preferred group chat. In the compose box at the bottom, type @ symbol, and you’ll see the list of all group member names.
Hit the person’s name you want to tag. To mention multiple members, you must do the above step repeatedly.
To mention everyone in the group chat, tap “everyone.” This option is only available on Android and iPhone only.
Type your message now and hit the “Send” icon.
See: How to Favorite a Friend or Page on Facebook
Reply to a Specific Message on Facebook Messenger
Android or iPhone
Open the Messenger app and tap the group or profile chat you prefer.
Long-press the message you wish and hit “Reply.”
Type the response and hit the “Send” button.
- Here’s an alternate method: You can reply to a particular message by swiping it to the right if it is the received message. If it is the send message, swipe it to the left. The rest are the same as above.
- The message can be yours or someone else’s, and you can also quote media.
- You can’t quote a part of a single Messenger message.
- How to cancel the quoted message before sending it? Tap “X” in the quoted message preview.
- A tap on a quoted message will take you to the one you’ve quoted.
Messenger.com, Messenger Desktop, or Facebook
Open Messenger Desktop or log in to Messenger.com or Facebook on your computer.
If you’re using FB, hit “Messenger” in the left sidebar.
Click on the chat you want and find the message you want to quote. It can be yours or someone else’s. Hover over it.
Click the “Reply” icon. Please type your response and send it.
Here’s an alternate method (which applies to the Messenger Desktop only):
Click on the conversation you like and find the message you want to quote.
Double-click on the right of the message if it is received or left if it is the sent message.
Please type your response and click on the “Send” button.