You can only tag people in Telegram group chats and not contact conversations.
Here’s an important thing to note:
Can you mention everyone in the Telegram group at once? There is no option for this. But you can add all the group members using the steps below.
I use the Desktop, Web, and app (iPhone and Android phone). Let’s start.
Mention Someone on the Telegram Group
Here are the steps:
- Open the Telegram app, Web, or Desktop.
- Hit the group chat you want.
- Type @ in the compose box at the bottom, and you can see a list of the group’s participants. Hit the name of the person you wish to tag.
- You can mention more members using the above step.
- After that, add a message and send it.
- Tagged persons will receive a notification.
- Even if they have muted the group, they’ll receive this notification. This one doesn’t apply if you’ve been muted.
- They will see a @ symbol in the group chat, receiving their tagged message.
Thanks for reading.