In this post, you’ll see how to mention someone on WhatsApp. The steps below apply to the WhatsApp app (Android and iPhone), Desktop, and Web.
The tagging feature allows you to mention people in a group, not in contact conversation.
Remember that you can tag persons while replying too. Let’s start.
Table of Contents
- How to Tag Someone on WhatsApp Group
How to Tag Someone on WhatsApp Group
Here’s how you can tag someone on WhatsApp:
Open the WhatsApp Messenger app and tap the group chat you want.
Hit the compose box at the bottom.
Type @ symbol and you can see a list of the group’s participants. Hit the name of the person you wish to tag.
You can mention more members using the above step. After that, add a message and tap the Send button to send it.
What Happens When You Tag Someone on WhatsApp
- Tagged persons will receive a notification and see that you’ve tagged them.
- Even if they have muted the group, they’ll receive this notification. This one doesn’t apply if you’ve been muted.
- In the Chats tab, they will see a @ symbol in the group chat, which receives the message they’re tagged.
- In this WhatsApp message, anyone who taps their name (for example, S) will be on the Contact Info screen of S. On WhatsApp Web and Desktop app, it’ll take them to the chat screen of S.
Tag All Members in the WhatsApp Group at Once
There is no option to tag everyone at once. But you can tag all the group members using the steps at the post’s top.
Tag Someone on WhatsApp Status
WhatsApp has no option for this. So, you can’t do this.
How to Tag Photo on WhatsApp
After selecting the image, follow these steps in the Caption field.
Type @, and you can see a list of the group’s members. Hit the name of the person you wish to tag.
You can mention multiple members using the above step. After that, add a message and send it.
How to Tag Yourself in WhatsApp Group
WhatsApp doesn’t have an option to do this.
Here are some questions and answers:
When You Tag Someone on WhatsApp, What Name do They See
They will see the name they have on their WhatsApp account.
How to Stop Someone from Tagging You on WhatsApp
There is no option to do that. But you can achieve that by exiting the WhatsApp group.
How to Select All Members in WhatsApp Group
There is no option to do that.
How to Tag Someone’s First Name on WhatsApp
There is no option to do this.
You’ll see the first and last names when you mention a contact. If you tag someone who is not in your contacts, you’ll see the name they have on their WhatsApp account.
Thanks for reading.