Let’s look at the different methods to launch WordPad in Windows 11.
You’ll also see two different ways to install and uninstall WordPad.
I’m using a Windows 11 computer here. Let’s start with the former.
Open WordPad in Windows 11 using the Start Menu
Here are the steps to open the WordPad app:
- Click on the Start menu.
- Type wordpad.
- Click on the WordPad application in the search results.
Note: To launch WordPad as an administrator, right-click on the WordPad app in the search results and select Run as administrator. Then, click Yes on the popup.
Here’s an alternate method to do this task:
Click the “Start” button and hit the All apps button beneath the search box.
Click on “Windows Tools” and double-click “WordPad.”
Launch Windows 11 WordPad using Command
To open Microsoft WordPad, use the write command in one of the following programs.
- The address bar in File Explorer
- Task Manager (Hit Run new task option to use the command)
Or use the start write command in Windows PowerShell.
Open Windows 11 WordPad using File
This one is the Windows 11 WordPad location: C: > Windows > System32.
Go there, locate, and double-click the file “write.”
Install WordPad in Windows 11
Here’s how to install WordPad:
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I. Click on the “Apps” option on the left sidebar.
- Select “Optional features” on the right.
- Hit the “View features” button on the top right.
- Select “WordPad” and click the “Next” button.
- Hit the Install button.
You may also install WordPad this way:
Type in the following command and press the Enter key.
Here’s the command: DISM /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Microsoft.Windows.WordPad~~~~0.0.1.0
Uninstall WordPad from Windows 11
Here’s how to uninstall the WordPad:
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows + I.
- Hit the “Apps” on the left sidebar.
- Click on the “Optional features” on the right.
- Hit on “WordPad.”
- Click the Uninstall button.
Here’s another method to uninstall WordPad:
Press Windows + R. Type cmd in the Run Command box and press Shift + Ctrl + Enter. Click Yes on the popup. You can now see the elevated Command Prompt.
Please enter the following command into it and press the Enter key.
Here’s the command: DISM /Online /Remove-Capability /CapabilityName:Microsoft.Windows.WordPad~~~~0.0.1.0
I hope this guide, “How to Open, Install and Uninstall Windows 11 WordPad,” is helpful to you.
Thanks for reading.